Last month Facebook Audience Network (FAN) came up with a notification on Developer Dashboard that from 24th Oct’2016 any Android or iPhone apps should be listed on Google Play Store or iTunes app store. That notification also stated that FAN would stop serving ads to the apps if they are not listed in the respective app stores. The earnings till the date, however, would be paid to the developers.
This step was taken perhaps to maintain quality of the apps for which they are going to serve ads. The growing number of app submission to FAN may also be a reason.
Also, there has been some changes in accepting mobile websites too. Even though the manual checking step were in place before approval of a website, we noticed some of them got approval within minutes. That may be due to bot approval process and not having any human intervention.
However, now websites are getting approved after two days or so and full policy compliance is checked by human verifier. There may some reasons of rejection of websites. The reasons mentioned by FAN are below:
- Your app or website is geared towards children under the age of 13. We don’t support apps that are geared towards children, because we don’t collect targeting information about children under 13. In the United States, operators of web sites, apps or services that are directed to children under 13 or that knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 must comply with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
- You live in Crimea, Cuba, Iran, Sudan or Syria. At this time, we’re not accepting apps from people who live in these countries.
- Your app lets people gamble with real money. We don’t currently support real money gambling apps on Audience Network. This includes gambling apps that reward people with money or goods that have a real value.
- Your app violates the Audience Network policies, Facebook community standards or duplicates Facebook functionality or branding.
- For our Beta products and Instream Video not all sites will be approved.
For both apps and mobile websites, FAN requires adherence to it’s policy. Any app or websites may face ban if it fails to meet policy adherence. If someone interested to know, the policy is Here in Facebook Developer portal.